Friday, February 16, 2007

Note about Breaking the Vicious Cycle

Breaking the Vicious Cycle by Elaine Gottschall does not refer to the specific disorder of Sucrase-Isomaltase Deficiency, and several of the diet recommendations and menus offered may not work for your child. However, I highly recommend you check-out the book from a library or purchase it for reference. The first several chapters (specifically 1 through 6) helped me truly understand the process of digestion and what happens when food or other substances our bodies cannot digest enter the intestinal tract. All the symptoms my son had started to make perfect sense. Even symptoms I have had all of my life in regards to irritable bowel, headaches and other things I thought were attributed to dairy products, I realized may had more to do with my starch intake than anything else. I have provided a link to the author's website, but please feel free to direct your comments and questions to this link as well.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My 18 month old granddaughter was recently diagnosed with CSID. Much research needs to be done since she was also diagnosed with milk allergies last year. Any food ideas? perhaps organic?